Quadrafire 1200i can only burn softwood pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmei007

Nov 12, 2007
Boston MA
We are shopping pellets now and we were told by one dealer that our Quadrafire can only burn software pellets. We are supprised by that. Last year we burned 3 tons CleanFire. It was good. We try to buy Barefoots this year and then we were told that. Anybody can confirm about that? I read the manual and nowhere saying hardwood pellets are not recommended.
thanks,

I work at a dealer, never heard of that in my life. Almost all pellets sold around here are hardwood.

lmei007 said:
We are shopping pellets now and we were told by one dealer that our Quadrafire can only burn software pellets. We are supprised by that. Last year we burned 3 tons CleanFire. It was good. We try to buy Barefoots this year and then we were told that. Anybody can confirm about that? I read the manual and nowhere saying hardwood pellets are not recommended.
thanks,

*Software* pellets?
John

Giovanni said:
lmei007 said:
thanks,

*Software* pellets?
John

sorry, should be "softwood" pellets

Sounds like BS to me. Never heard of such a thing.
Most high quality stoves such as the one you have
should be able to burn most anything you throw
at it if you keep the stove clean.

I'm sure other Quad owners will chime in and put your mind to rest.

Never heard of that before either. Sounds to me like the dealer that told you this wanted to sell you some of his pellets and is being untruthful.

Here is the link for the OM. Nothing in there about burning just softwood and it also talks about burning corn. My first few bags have been hardwood and no problems at my end in my 1200i.

Linky poo

I just came from the store, it states it will burn high ash, low ash and corn, just about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.