Quadrafire 2700i VS Napoleon 1402

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellcat

Sep 4, 2008
CT
Could someone help me with this? I am trying to make a decision on what to get. I am totally new at this any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1. Quadrafire 2700i
2. Napoleon 1402

What is holding up your decision?

I have been told that the Napoleon 1402 gets more for your money. And the that the Quad 2700i is a smaller but better more efficient unit. Thanks

The Napoleon offers a good value in a medium-sized stove. The Quad 2100 as noted, is smaller. To compare like models you should be looking at the 3100. The 3100 Millenium is very efficient. In this price range you might also want to look at the Pacific Energy Super 27 which sells for less than $1500.

But most importantly, be sure that you are getting the right-sized stove for the task at hand. Efficiency is not going to matter much if the house is still cold.

Hello,
The 2700I and the 1402 are the only ones available for me at this point. My house is about 1,100 sq. ft. I am trying to decide which is a better one to have? How do they compare?
Thanks

Are they both reputable companies? I'm thinking very strongly about going with the Napoleon 1402. Is this a good choice? Thanks

Hellcat said:
Is there major differences between both?
yes there both good read begreen quote comes down to your sq ft

smokinj said:
Hellcat said:
Is there major differences between both?
yes there both good read begreen quote comes down to your sq ft
Two different sized stoves. They both are built well so the main differences will be related to size and accessories. The 1402 will take a little larger log and will burn longer. I believe it comes with blower too.

Go with the Napoleon, be happy, be warm, be safe.

Those are two different sizes. That Napoleon is bigger than a 3100i.
Nap 1402: 2.25
Quad 2700i: 1.6
Quad 3100i: 2.0
I have the 2700i, only because that was the biggest one I thought I could find.
It works well, but go for size.

Status
Not open for further replies.