Quadrafire 3100 a very good stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jclout

Oct 15, 2007
Southbridge, Massachusetts
Hi guys, Just letting you know that my Quad is doing a good job and is a good quality stove. It puts out lots of heat is easy to run and is built well. We paid a little more than we would have for an Englander but we are happy with it and recomend it.

How about a couple of photos of the new stove? Glad to hear it is working out good for you.

Which one did you get? I had my eye on the step to for the longest time.

In the end, I bought the Englander 30NC because I found a deal I couldn't pass up.

Glad to hear you're happy with your quad!

-SF

We bought the flat top with pedestal #3100. It really is a good stove but I might have gone with the Englander if I had thought about it and checked it out more. It had a better price tag, the fire box was bigger and took longer logs but I had already purchased a stove. The Quad has a timed air vent that is good to use, it closes after 20-25 minutes. I did attach some pictures of the Quad with this message.

Attachments

• DCP03647.JPG
    DCP03647.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 772
  • DCP03648.JPG
    DCP03648.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 758
  • DCP03653.JPG
    DCP03653.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 788
Nice stove. Great looking dog too.

i may be going to buy a quad 3100 as soon as tomarrow. bet its not set in stone.
what model englander where you looking at ?. i saw some at home depot priced around $500. but i just shyed away thinking that they are the same cheap stove that i already have. and what is the price difference from the quad to the englander. do you think ill be able to get a quad 3100 for under $1200 ?. and did you get the blower?. thanks....perry in snowy michigan

perry in mi said:
i may be going to buy a quad 3100 as soon as tomarrow. bet its not set in stone.
what model englander where you looking at ?. i saw some at home depot priced around $500. but i just shyed away thinking that they are the same cheap stove that i already have. and what is the price difference from the quad to the englander. do you think ill be able to get a quad 3100 for under $1200 ?. and did you get the blower?. thanks....perry in snowy michigan

the stove you saw at depot was likely one of my units , they usually clearance them each year about this time to make room for lawn stuff for spring,if it isnt one of my stoves , well, i dunno cant speak to that but if it is my 30 , i assure you it isnt "cheap" that unit made the "hearth and home" hall of fame which isnt a trivial thing. it could also be our 13 nc which is the 30's little brother check the reviews on the 30-nc here if you like. by the way , the quad is an excellent stove as well and would serve you well also

stoveguy2esw said:
perry in mi said:

the stove you saw at depot was likely one of my units , they usually clearance them each year about this time to make room for lawn stuff for spring,if it isnt one of my stoves , well, i dunno cant speak to that but if it is my 30 , i assure you it isnt "cheap" that unit made the "hearth and home" hall of fame which isnt a trivial thing. it could also be our 13 nc which is the 30's little brother check the reviews on the 30-nc here if you like. by the way , the quad is an excellent stove as well and would serve you well also

Mike's 30 made my family room hall of fame. Next sucker that calls it cheap gets smacked upside the head with a 455 pound heating monster.

Nice looking Quad. It will make ya a great heater. The Quad was high on the list when I was looking for a new stove.

this is what i am looking for, some good feedback. i just took a quick glance at the englander at home depot. and have not done any research yet. ill swing by there tomarrow and take a better look and get some model #'s. this is the first year my local home depot has carried wood stove's.

oh ya i was'nt trying to bash any brand stove. its just i made a terrible decision on the EPA exempt one i bought last year. i want my new stove to be friendly and easy going like my old shop earth stove.

The Quad is the only new stove and an EPA stove at that I have ever owned. I am now definately a believer in an EPA stove with secondary burn being the best type of stove to buy. The secondary burn on the Quad works very easily and it is again a good quality stove. I think that Lowes also sells an Englander stove under another name but I'm not possitive. I probably would have purchased the Englander if given a little more time but am still very happy with the Quad 3100.

Glad it is doing a good job for ya. Congrats!

Good looking stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.