Quadrafire 4100I door latch question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingolf

Oct 30, 2008
Bloomfield, CT
Just did the dollar bill test on my quad 4100i insert, the gasket seems fine on all parts of the door except for the right side where the latch is. You can adjust the door latch box assembly but the instructions don't tell you how to get to it. It looks like you have to remove the trim to get access to this. I'm looking for any one who has a quad insert that has done this themselves how they adjusted the latch. The gasket looks like it is in good shape and all that is needed is to adjust the latch. This is my fourth season burning I don't burn 24/7. I just want a little insight before I takle this job. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

I never really did understand how that latch adjusted. I think there are two screws you can get at from the front, if I remember, turning them one way or the other seemed to do something.

I know it's almost a month later and I looked inside the door latch and do not see any screw heads anywhere. It looks like the right trim needs to come off to adjust it. I will check with my dealer or if someone who has a quad i4100 who has actually adjusted the latch.

Thanks for any help that comes along.

Brian

I was going to have new gaskets installed this year, took the door to my dealer and they happened to have a guy in the store that actually works on the stoves. He said my gaskets looked in good shape and lets try your door on the floor model, and he found it was a little loose with the dollar bill test. He was not sure himself how to adjust the door so he took the cover off to find out. There is a small locking screw to lock the plate in place, you loosen that and then there are two bolts in the back that you tighten to move the catch towards the back of the stove or loosen if you have new gaskets. Just a slight adjustment is all you need, then you tighten up the locking screw and your good to go.

I was surprised as to how easy this was.

Brian

Easy once you get the panel off. I had to work on one of these just a few weeks ago. It was a floor model that was sold off and the set screw on the top was loose so the roll pin kept sliding back. PITA to remove and reinstall the panel on those wood inserts. Got it all fixed though. Also found the plate the handle is mounted to was bent inwards a little causing the handle the rub on the panel every time the door was shut, bent that back out straight and now it works great.

Now the new gas inserts from Heat & Glo.... those panels are gravy to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.