Quadrafire 5700 Air Controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charly

Was just reading about the automatic rear air control on the 5700 model. Any owners have comments on how well this works. The manual seems to read, you could light the stove and it takes care of itself, once you get use to loading the stove.

The ACC system is common to many Quadrafire models. It is basically an "automatic" start system. It's a convenience feature, but personally I would not want it on a stove. Why? Because it's another thing to break over time, it's something that will confuse my wife when she starts the stove, and it had the potential to overfire the stove, especially starting up with our oily douglas fir wood. There are lots of stoves on the market that start very easily without any additional controls. In my book, the simpler the better. But this is one man's opinion and not a knock on the stove, which is a good strong heater.

However, there are true thermostatic controls on some stoves. This is a different feature and when designed well, they work pretty good. It regulates temps for the entire length of the burn. You might want to look at a Blaze King Princess if this feature is interesting. We had it on our old Resolute and really liked this feature.

Myself, I liked our old single lever control, on our S210 Country Stove, and so did my wife. She ran the stove no problem. Figured it was only fair, she helped with loading the tractor bucket with wood, as I was splitting, and then helped stack the wood, she could run the stove too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.