QUADRAFIRE 7100 FP - Do you use blower or not?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy S

Feb 14, 2006
GEORGIA
Goodmorning ,

My folks have moved into their new house with the above installed. My Dad had a question for those who have this appliance - do you use the blower or do you just let it radiate the heat out into the room. They don't mind using the blower; when I was up there Saturday just passed, they did have the blower on and was very quiet. Just wanting to get feedback from others who have this FP.

Thanks in advance for your input/experience.

SG

Don't know anyone who burns one but I hope they chime in.

I think that unit looks like a great whole house heater.

Do they have the remote ducting set up on it?

I wonder if that thermostatic air control is triggered by room temp orfirebox temps.

SG,

We run the fan all the time. Only time we don't use it is if the room is too hot. You can adjust the speed which in turn controls the volume.

Thanks guys for your replies. Today is(I think) their 3rd or 4th day using it; has been cold for us here in N.Ga. and have enjoyed its output during this time.

SG

I always use the blower -- heat radiation simply is not enough. You got to circulate the air. Actually, we even use the ceiling fan too.

My problem is the opposite: I don't get enough air motion. The circular controller has a 3/4 turn range of motion, and if it is below 1/2 turn -- I can barely feel the air flow even when I put my hand by the air outlet.

Anyone with a different experience?

Thanks,
Zevi

I do not burn the same unit, but I can tell you that I use the blower all the time. I just don't get the air circulation and good heat distribution wtihout the blower on.

That being said, the layout of the home has a lot to do with whether or not the blower needs to be used. Some floorplans work better than others for distributing heat. The bottom line is that they should do a little experimenting and see which works best for them. As MSG pointed out, the blower will also help to cool things down if the unit gets too hot.

Zevi_B said:
I always use the blower -- heat radiation simply is not enough. You got to circulate the air. Actually, we even use the ceiling fan too.

My problem is the opposite: I don't get enough air motion. The circular controller has a 3/4 turn range of motion, and if it is below 1/2 turn -- I can barely feel the air flow even when I put my hand by the air outlet.

Anyone with a different experience?

Thanks,
Zevi

Zevi,

I agree, i usually leave mine on high or slightly below, depnds if the tv is on or not. Below half speed only when its too hot in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.