Quadrafire auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickclo01

Dec 6, 2016
Stafford,KS
Hopefully someone can give me a little advice being I've tried everything that I could think of. We have a quadrafire classic bay 1200 for about 5 years and now it'll run fine for a few hours sometimes then all of a sudden it wont restart without pushing the reset button on the side. It even does this with the thermostat all the way up. it has a new seal on the door, I've checked the vacuum switch and the thermocouple was just replaced. any help or ideas would greatly be appriciated

When was the last time you did a deep clean? Venting and internal exhaust pathways? Heat exchangers? Many use small brushes and attach small hoses to vacuum to get into areas that are not easily accessible but can become caked with fly ash. The shelf under my heat exchangers collects fly ash in the corners that has to be removed with a putty knife because the rake piles it up there. I think the heat exchangers on your stove are aluminum so be gentle;) Checked to ensure vac switch hose and port are clear? Checked to ensure the integrity of the safety switch on the firebox door. Pulled the auger to ensure flight is not gummed up with pellet residue?

Checked the other two snap discs? They will shut the feed motor off if they are no longer functioning properly. Snaps #2 and #3 can be by-passed temporarily to troubleshoot but do not run the stove this way as they are safety switches that will shut the stove down if they reach their high limit. I would suggest you try snap #2 first... Always unplug when working in the cabinet!

Keep us posted ... likely kappel15 hasn't this post yet and he is the Quadrafire info source here.

Are you sure it isn't just having a misfire, due to too full firepot or an empty one on a cold start up? Sometimes too, if they start too slow, even tho they get a fire going and doing well, it runs out of time, as there is a time limit to get to temp, and shuts down. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.