Quadrafire blower comes on by itself...what gives?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffres

Nov 19, 2015
SW missouri
I have a 2 year old quadrafire insert with quadrafire remote. Occasionally even with the remote turned to off only... not "thermal off" the blower will come on by itself. In most cases the stove is stone cold not having been run for several hours or a whole day.

Last night at 3 am the blower came on. I looked at the remote screen and it was just showing off. I usually just get up and shut the switch off killing the power to the unit. I have left it alone with the blower running for over an hour to see what happens. It never drops pellets and ignites... The blower just runs.

Any thoughts?

Which blower? And they have had issues with those remotes. kap

Last edited:
I'm a real newbie to these.. Guess I didn't know there was more than one blower.

It acts like the blower that runs to cool the unit after it shuts down but?

Room or convection blower ... There is also an exhaust blower. Time to pull out the manual and get familiar with your new appliance:) Welcome to the forum!

If it's the room blower, the fan switch is bad. Follow the purple wires to the switch and wiggle it, if it's loose and the fan comes on, there you go, replace it.

If it's the exhaust blower, then you have a problem with the power cord. If the stove looses power and then power is restored the exhaust blower will run for 18 minutes then shut off.

The remote only opens and closes the tstat connection and would have nothing to do with either of the issues I just stated

Status
Not open for further replies.