Quadrafire Castile convection blower start delay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2006
My Castile insert feeds pellets and ignites OK but there is a long delay before the convection blower turns on. Last year there was a 10 minute delay after ignition before the fan came on. This year there is a 15-20 minute and mostly 20 minute delay. Blower works fine (all 3 speeds) when it does come on.

I have cleaned the blower and the exhaust shute -- no problem with ash build up. I've check connections on Snap Disc 1.

My guess -- the heat sensor device (Snap disc 1) that activates the fan is the problem.

Any other ideas?

Trying To Keep Warm.

I'm seeing 15 mins on my CB1200i. I would make sure everything is good and clean.

I see approx. 10-15 min before convection blower comes on on my Astoria Bay, regardless of whether or not it's been cleaned recently.

Keep the baffel area clean the cleaner it is the better heat exchange you get but that amount of time does not seem to long give or take. the other thing you may want to look at is that your pellets have changed and you may wan to open your feed a bit the fire should be 4-6 inches out of the pot on high.

Status
Not open for further replies.