Quadrafire Castile overfilling burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Fisher

Jan 27, 2013
I have a four year old Quadrafire Castile. It has been great. This year I have ben having some problems with the feed auger. It seems to keep pushing in pellets until the pot is full. This happens over and hour or two. It does much better if I run it on low. I have checked the burn pot and it is tight. The door closes tight and the gasket looks fine.
Any tips before I call in the service folks?

One other note, I have been using pellets from Home Depot (Stove Chow). They have a very high ash content, but I do clean ash pan and vacuum the ash out of the stove once a week.

Your problem sounds like classic "dirty stove" syndrome.

When was the last time you took the stove apart & cleaned all the internal ash traps and passages?

When was the COMPLETE exhaust system cleaned from stove to outlet?

Was the combustion blower removed, cleaned and reinstalled w/ a new gasket?

Have you checked the door gasket using the "dollar bill" method?

I'll agree with Mac above. Vent, Stove, comb blower, vent cap, etc....

Where is the feed gate set? Are you at full open? Is the flame height set at 4"-6" above the pot?

If your running a dense pellet at Wide Open, it may overfeed. But it sounds like you have more of an airflow problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.