quadrafire castile pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

forest2000

Jan 9, 2017
california
call light on (from thermostat). nothing, BUT then works fine using reset button. i see what the manual says about call light on but no fire....however since the reset button fixes the problem i know there is a very specific fix/problem. also, the problem is intermittent. mainly happens at night. i live at a higher elevation (5500).

let me add that everything is working fine except sometimes, usually at some point during the night) when the thermostat calls for heat, the call light comes on but then nothing happens.....no pellets drop, etc. (I assume things are relatively cool at that point) but once i hit the reset button, everything proceeds fine.

so i guess what i need to know is what is it exactly that triggers everything to start working once the call light goes on? and what does the reset button do exactly since the problem seems to be that the process starts when manually told to (the reset button) but not automatically (the thermostat)?

Last edited:
Would be easier to figure out if you knew whether or not the stove tried to start, but had a misfire, or something else is amiss. The reset button is just like turning tstat down and them back up, calling for heat. It restarts the stove cycle. The stove has only x amount of time for proof of fire(green light = 200 *), roughly 4 minutes and 15 seconds, before it will continue to feed fuel, and continue the cycle.. You can hear the exhaust fan change speed. You do have a little time after that, or it will go into shut down mode. kap