Quadrafire Castile Pic In Basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboymo

Feeling the Heat
Feb 24, 2010
W Central MO
I purchased the stove in Feb of last year and installed on the east basement wall a little closer to the north end so later when the basement is finished it will be warm and toasty. I also wanted supplemental heat mainly in case of a lengthy power outage we could at least have one comfortable area in the house. I mainly intended to run it when the temp is below 30 outside but keep finding myself firing it up. I am working on insulating the basement walls and it makes a huge difference.

The pipe exits a knee wall outside under the steps of the back deck about 30" off of the ground level which eventually will be lower yet after some yard work. I will get a pic of that later.

Please excuse the poor job of picture resizing and the trampoline parts under the deck. I wanted the stove further north but the vent would then be right by the heat pump. I guess I could move it over there and run the vent vertical if a window doesn't cause an issue.

Attachments

• stove resize.jpg
    stove resize.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 357
  • exhaust vent1.jpg
    exhaust vent1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 233
  • exhaust vent2 (1).jpg
    exhaust vent2 (1).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 233
Countryboymo,

Re: " I mainly intended to run it when the temp is below 30 outside but keep finding myself firing it up. "

There is just something about a wood fire, whether it be pellets or firewood, that is hard to resist!

Looking forward to pictures of the outside venting.

Good luck and enjoy.

Ranger

That will be a nice cozy basement for you!... don't forget though, that you will still have to power it if you want heat during a power outage...do you have a small generator?

I have multiple generators I can borrow but that is on the list for after taxes. I want to get the generator and transfer switch set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.