Quadrafire Castile problems please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithH

Nov 4, 2013
Oxford mass
So I bought the Quadrafire Castile pellet stove off of my cousin a few weeks ago, she had it in her house and never used it but it was installed in 2005 there and used til 2011 when my cousin bought the house. It had been working fine even through most of today. When I got home from work I noticed it was off so I added more pellets and attempted to start it up. I can hear something running but won't ignite. A key point I want to make is that it is feeding pellets just fine but after it feeds the pellets into the fire pot we continue to hear what sounds like a small fan run and nothing ever happens. Please if you have any idea what may be going on please respond to this thread. Your help and thoughts are very much appreciated!

Could be as simple as the igniter has failed or crud covering the igniter not allowing contact with fuel. Motor running is probably the exhaust fan. How clean is the stove? When was the last time cleaned? A lot of owners here of that style of stove. Good luck

Could be as simple as the igniter has failed or crud covering the igniter not allowing contact with fuel. Motor running is probably the exhaust fan. How clean is the stove? When was the last time cleaned? A lot of owners here of that style of stove. Good luck

I am very new to the world of pellet stoves so what actually is considered clean idk. I clean the fire pot regularly but beyond that I haven't done much. The firepot does get hot but it just won't ignite. How do I clean the igniter? I do have the instruction manual but haven't fully educated myself on the stove yet as being a first time homeowner I have been very busy with everything along with the stove

If you have a manual there is a guide to taking the igniter out. If you don't have a manual go to Quadrafire site and download one. Page 36, figure 36.1 details the igniter replacement and some cleaning. Air needs to pass through the igniter into pot to aid ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.