Quadrafire Castille Door Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rnjsmommy

Dec 30, 2007
Washington State
We are replacing our tadpole door gasket on our Quad Castille. It did not have gasket across the top of the window/door however we've seen posts that others have it across the top and not across the bottom.....any help?? We don't want to goof it up but it seems like you would need it across the top in order to keep the dust & smoke out of the room.

Thanks!

Is it possible that they gave you the wrong gasket? I have the Castile and my gasket goes from lower left, top left, across to the top to top right, then to the lower right. The bottom is not sealed, nor is there any gasket.

I have seen some from the factory with the glass installed upside down. You should have gasket on the sides and top, open on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.