Quadrafire CB1200i auger stopped working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

borland2000

Oct 30, 2009
portland,me
Hi all,
I have a 4 yrd old cb1200i that I love dearly and has given me no problems, only love. Until today, it was working fine and then all of a sudden the auger is not feeding pellets. It seems perfectly normal but that. The blower sounds and it all seems good (the red light (only) turns on, but the auger doesnt move at all.
After looking at other posts:
I took auger out and it wasnt jammed.
Snap disk #3 was conducting power through

Using a volt sensor it seems there is no power going to motor. (this would detect, correct)

Any ideas?
I saw posts of testing auger using 110v w/ just a power cord - I dont fully understand this, do I just get a normal power cord and plug it in and put hot to black and neutral to white? (this seems iffy - anyone have more advice).(maybe this is unnecessary as no power seems to be going to it)

Thanks wonderful community. I had to burn oil tonight for first time for 2 years. It is super depressing hearing the steam pipe kick in.
Jeff

Check the thermocouple. If it gets crusty or moved, it won't communicate to the control box that the initial pellet load has ignited.

When was the last time you cleaned the nipple for the vacuum switch on the drop chute (auger flight)??

Remove the hose from the vac switch and blow through the hose towards the stove. This will blow out the fines in the nipple. Do not blow into the vac switch.

Or you could jump the vac switch? But I would try blowing the fines clear. If they are crusty, you may need to remove hose from stove and use a toothpick or a paper clip and push into nipple.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I think one of your New's Years resolutions is to keep your stove in MUCH better (read that cleaner) condition from now on. That conv. blower in the pic above is in terrible condition.....and I'm being very nice using that description.

Hard to understand how anyone who depends on their stove for all their heating needs could let it get in that condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.