QuadraFire Classic Bay 1200 Insert Install Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plastic or styrofoam ventilation channels (or baffles) are added after the house is built. They're basically just 3' long 14" wide channels that carry the air from the soffit to the ridge vent. They get installed between the roof trusses (joists) with a staple gun. Very...Very Easy. Took about 2 hours to install all the baffles and another 3 hours to insulate over the baffles.

Here's a great little youtube video showing the entire process. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DX25Vz2jDc

Sounds like I got a decent install price based on what everyone else is saying. $900 this fall including liner. Came to $3500 for everything. We bought our house this year, I climbed up on the roof once to clean the gutters and that was enough to convince me that I didn't want to be foolin' with 2 stories worth of liner up there.

Dino Preservation Committee said:
Sounds like I got a decent install price based on what everyone else is saying. $900 this fall including liner. Came to $3500 for everything. We bought our house this year, I climbed up on the roof once to clean the gutters and that was enough to convince me that I didn't want to be foolin' with 2 stories worth of liner up there.

That's why I had my installs done professionally too. My ankles don't bend to the pitch of the roof anymore!!!!! I wouldn't stop rolling until I hit the 6' high ivy bushes out front and man would that hurt! AND I've broken enough bones for my lifetime. No more, thank you.

tjnamtiw said:
Dino Preservation Committee said:

That's why I had my installs done professionally too. My ankles don't bend to the pitch of the roof anymore!!!!! I wouldn't stop rolling until I hit the 6' high ivy bushes out front and man would that hurt! AND I've broken enough bones for my lifetime. No more, thank you.

I've managed to stay away from having broken bones and at my advanced age I do not do anything on roofs anymore.

It hurts when one falls down and goes boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.