Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Spaniel5009

Jan 6, 2017
Ohio
I purchased a Quadrafire Classic Bay Insert 1200 3 years ago, Ive never had any issues with this until this year. I went to use the system and found i had no power. After further inspecting i found that the control board had a burnt spot on the side, I have replaced the control board and now only have a blower turn on and nothing else will operate. I have also replaced the ignitor, checked the snap disks, and the vacuum line. Has anyone had these issues before or have an idea what could be causing the issue?

PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the service manual.

When you purchased the control board, did you see what setting it was on? Did you make sure you unplugged stove before you removed or installed boards? I am assuming it is the exhaust fan that is coming on? kap

Control board is on setting "1" which Mocks the old board that was on the system. and yes the system was unplugged when removing the old and installing the new. Also it is the exhaust fan that runs.

If you are good at electrical, you can try and trace the power. Where it is and where it isn't. And you can try jumping vac switch wires together and #2 snap disc, then turn stove up, to see if the auger will start working. Did the igniter come on when exhaust fan came on? And remember when you turn up tstat to call for heat, the auger will only run 98 seconds. That's the time you have to test things before having to hit the reset to start call for heat again. kap

So far I have tried jumping the vac switch and the snap disc, have had no success with either one. And no the auger does not come on with the exhaust fan. Ill try tracing most of the wires and see where I have power and where i don't.

Also, Don't know if this will help diagnose anything or not, When the system is on the call light is extremely dim when its calling for heat. When you turn the therm down it brightens up

that was igniter, not auger.

Call light should only be on when the tsat is turned up, and calling for heat. When stove is not calling for heat, red light should be off.

Also in these newer stoves there is a hopper lid switch that shuts off the auger if lid is open. When you jumped vac switch, did you bypass the thin black wires that are the hopper lid switch?

And did the igniter come on along with the exhaust fan? Something is up if that light is still on

Check and see if the tstat wires are touching, where they screw to the back of the stove, or in tstat. Only thing I can think of that that light is still on

Ignitor has not came on a single time since installing the new board. I just checked everything it it doesn't seem like I'm getting any power to the #2 Snap Disc now. Tried jumping it and nothing happened, also checked the wires for the Tstat and don't seem to be touching anywhere. There was a jumper cable that came with this new control board that was supposed to connect to one of the terminals where the Tstat connects in and then connects to the terminal next to it. Don't know if that has something to do with it? Just followed the directions that came with it

Well, I disconnected that tiny jumper wire that was connected to the tstat and we are up and running now. Guess I shouldn't of followed the instructions that were supplied with the control board.

Thank you for all of your help!!

Reactions: mralias
Ya, you have to be careful where you put those ground wires that come with new control board. Glad you found your mistake, and got things going before you shorted something out. Stay warm. kap

Reactions: mralias