Quadrafire Classic Bay Hopper Feeder Setting??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just fired up this old Quadrafire Classic Bay CB1200.

I had the hopper feeder set to 40 and the 2 RPM Auger motor was feeding pellets like crazy. Way too many at a time.

So what is the best setting for this hopper feeder when the heat level rocker switch is on medium?

Do those numbers 0 - 70 stand for anything?

See pic below.

Attachments

• CB1200HopperFeedersc.jpg
    CB1200HopperFeedersc.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 276
Those numbers are only there for you to remember where you had it set for a particular pellet brand. There is no such thing as a factory setting or comparing your feed gate position to anyone else's. :) Just like the Sante Fe's and Castile's, I believe you set the stove on HIGH and then adjust the feed gate to get a certain flame height above the pot. For mine it's 4", but I seem to remember someone posting that it's 6" on the 1200's. Maybe you'll get someone pop in who has one. Set it on HIGH, not medium.

Yep... Set Flame height to 4"-6" above pot on the High setting. Should be set from there out (same pellets). Anytime you change brands it may need some tweaking.

I dont run on High, so I have had mine wide open quite a few times to maximize the BTU's. I only run on Low though. I adjust my slider for outside temp. The newer models dont have #'s like yours. Just a slider with some "hash" marks.

Lets see some pics of this rebuilt stove already!!

Here is a pic of what it looks like on new models.

Attachments

• feed.jpg
    feed.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 293
Hello

Thanks Guys. On medium, I set the slider to 20 and it heats the shed really nice!
The T-Stat is set for 70 Deg F and when the shed comes up to 69 Deg F and the Red Call for heat goes off and the Auger stops. The Temp keeps rising to 71 Deg F before it starts falling down. It falls to 67 Deg F and the call for heat Red Light comes back on and the Auger starts up. The temp keeps falling to 66 and then starts climbing again. Working really good!! This is using the Lux DMH110 Manual Digital 24v or Millivolt T-Stat with the swing jumper set to wide which is 0.75 Deg F!!

See T-Stat info >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/90147/

Now that I got it going, I can post pics. sometimes the other guys can be tough about showing a new install and not seeing a fire.

I will start a new thread. See pics of Quad Refurb here!
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91157/

DexterDay said:
Here is a pic of what it looks like on new models.

Hi Dexter

Even your feeder lever looks better than the new ones!!
I saw this on the brand new Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 FS at the Hampton Falls NH Home and Hearth shop on RT 1 !!!

See pic

Attachments

• IMG02052-20120220-1300sc.jpg
    IMG02052-20120220-1300sc.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 221
Status
Not open for further replies.