QuadraFire Combustion Motor Bearing Failure

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.Shindig

Dec 27, 2010
rhode island
Hi All! I have owned a Quadrafire Castille insert pellet stove for about 6.5 years now and use it as a primary source of heat so it runs quite constantly. I go thru 3.5 tons per heating season. I have replaced the combustion motor 3 times due to bearing failures. They start whining and squealing very loudly. I know that it is probably due to the prolonged heat exposure between shutdowns for cleaning. I perform cleaning maintenance on the system twice a season which entails removal of the motor and cleaning the housing and exhaust port and pipe. i also blow out the motor with compressed air. the bearings are made in China and do not have a means to lubricate them as far as I can tell. Are there any tips on lubrication or perhaps a manufacturer of these type bearings ( other than Chinese crap ). I am sure I can remove and replace the bearings on the failed units. Any one face this issue before? Is this issue unique to Quadrefire? I can't believe I am the only one that has experienced this issue.
Thanks! Capt. Shindig :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.