Quadrafire contour not.starting starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bilzer007

Nov 26, 2014
New Hampshire
I have an older Quadrafire Contour pellet stove. When I turn it on with the thermostat calling for heat there is a rely type clunk noise but the auger motor nor the exhaust fan engages. The red button on the control board stays lite and the lights flash non stop on the control unit. I have replaced the snap disk that goes by the auger motor anf that does noyhing different. I have jumped the snap disc that controls the blowrer motor and it engahes the blower motor but also gives me a shock if i touch anywhere on the outside of the stove very strange. The main fuse is good. Any ideas where to go from here?

Where is the relay clunk type noise coming from? And the wire to the convection fan has power to it all the time, so be careful you don't get shocked. What lights are flashing in control box? I would check your firepot thermocouple to see if it is still good, and or still in place. It has to touch the inside end of the cover to read correctly. kap

The clunk comes from the control box relay. The red light that calls for heat stays on. I had the control box checked by the dealer and he said control box is working great fine. Not sure what can go wrong with thermocouple as.it looks like just two wires twisted together with a porcelain cap on it.
Looks like I can rule out the control box as it must be something else. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated and tried. It had been darn cold here in NH and would like to get unit running most Ricky tic

QUOTE="kappel15, post: 2144127, member: 36978"]Where is the relay clunk type noise coming from? And the wire to the convection fan has power to it all the time, so be careful you don't get shocked. What lights are flashing in control box? I would check your firepot thermocouple to see if it is still good, and or still in place. It has to touch the inside end of the cover to read correctly. kap[/QUOTE]

The end can get split, or cracks in it. The cover is to protect it. Usually if it fails, the green light will stay on, and the red light will flash, and nothing will work. You can test it for continuity or use a volt meter set on millivolts and attach to the connectors, when off stove. Heat tip of thermocouple. If it produces millivolts, it is good. Check wiring or control box. kap

And has anything happened that caused the stove to act up, or did it just happen? kap