Quadrafire experts/owners: advice needed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agz124

Jul 16, 2007
I have been watching the classifieds for a about 2 years waiting for a used Quad 4300. I found one today that is a 1999 flat top model. Does anyone know anything about this stove? I know the newer models are really efficient but what about a 99? Is there a big difference between step top and flat in performance? I am going to look at the stove in an hour, I am really hoping to get some feedback asap! What would you pay for this stove?

Thanks a million

I was not around in the business back then, but if you get the part number I can look up some info about it. Back then quad used part numbers like ###-#### which had nothing to do with the actual "model". Where are you located? You should add that to your profile.

agz124 said:
I have been watching the classifieds for a about 2 years waiting for a used Quad 4300. I found one today that is a 1999 flat top model. Does anyone know anything about this stove? I know the newer models are really efficient but what about a 99? Is there a big difference between step top and flat in performance? I am going to look at the stove in an hour, I am really hoping to get some feedback asap! What would you pay for this stove?

Thanks a million

You could do a quick scan of the stove reviews here at Hearth.com---see link following.

https://www.hearth.com/ratings/search.php

At that page just click on the menu for the "Search Manufacturers" and select Quadrafire. You will get all reviews done on quadrafire models (maybe including the 4300). The reviews generally say when the person bought their stove, what they paid, their satisfaction level with unit, manufacturer, and dealer, and specific likes and dislikes with the unit.

Check it out.

Just checked. Looked like there was close to a dozen reviews of the Quadrafire 4300------when you get the "Search Manufacturer" results for Quadrafire, just page forward in the reviews to about the 3rd and 4th pages.

BTB

Status
Not open for further replies.