quadrafire mt vernon AE questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tgh117

Feb 24, 2015
Eastern Pa
I have what seems to be an issue with my convection blower on my 4 yr old mt vernon AE insert. It seems that my stove does not put out as much heat as it used to.

My question is does anyone know what all controls this blower? I am trying to figure out if there is some switch somewhere that is keeping it from ramping up fully. I have had the blowers out, cleaned the entire stove so it looks like the day I bought it and installed it, and am confused.

If anyone has any clues or help I would appreciate it.

I've owned an AE for six years, and believe the convection blower is completely controlled by the board, in response to the temperature of the stove and the need for heat (i.e., the call from the wall control). In other words, I don't think you can adjust it at all...

Did you take out the impeller of the convection blower and thoroughly clean it (requires disassembling the convection blower)? Just did mine this weekend and it took me the better part of an hour, but it did improve output. I had to remove it from the motor and use pieces of a plastic scrubber pad (used for dishes) and water to get the crud off, though. You may also want to get a small hose connected to a shop vac and run it down the convection system, as animal hair, dust bunnies, etc., can get in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.