Quadrafire mt vernon issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donriley

Sep 27, 2016
Pa
I have an issue with my pellet stove. It started with the auger not going but the stove still turned on with the fan and call light just no auger. No sound or anything. Now i have nothing. The #3 disk is fine. The fuse is good and thermostat is connected. I am out of ideas and really dont want to spend $125 just to have someone walk in my house then add parts.. what should i check next? The outlet works also. Its also the before ae model. Thank you
Don

can you see if the auger motor is turning? Maybe the auger coupler came loose? If not. Can you put a jumper on the auger motor to see if it will run?

Thank you. After 8 hours its the vacuum switch. Cleared a jam of a star wars figure thanks to my kids and jumped the switch and it started turning. Niw to get a new switch.

Hi Don, don't forget to blow out the vacuum hose and ensure the nipple on the drop tube is not clogged also. This would give you a bad vac sw indication as well.

Agreed - it's probably not the switch - they don't often go bad. Make sure the hose is in good shape and not clogged, and the nipple at the stove end is clear. Ensure that the combustion fan is up to speed and the venting is not obstructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.