Quadrafire Mt. Vernon model : MTVERNON-MBK NON AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fnolteiii

Jan 17, 2011
Bangor, Pennsylvania
I had an issue with the exhaust blower fan late last winter. I cleaned the stove and unplugged it as it was near enough to the end of the pellet stove season. I know that I needed to replace the exhaust blower, which I did the other day. I replaced the blower as per the OEM instruction sheet supplied with the blower fan, housing and gasket (housing looked worn so I decided to replace it while I was replacing the motor). I paid close attention to the wiring, I even snapped a few pictures for reference purposes. After cleaning and replacing blower housing with new fan and new gasket, I plugged my stove into AC power. Normally, my stove would run through a startup sequence the 1st time I would plug it in every season. This time it didn't. I have 118v at the outlet, I've tried manually resetting snap disc #3 as per the owners manual, which I've also read from cover to cover. I turned up the thermostat so it "calls for heat", still nothing. I would appreciate any & all suggestions as how to proceed from here. I don't want to start randomly replacing parts just on a whim. I have and know how to use my volt/ohm meter, so if there's anything else I can test with my meter, please feel free to suggest. Thanking you all in advance for your time and consideration.

Regards,
fnolteiii

PS I've put a meter on all snap discs,
snap disc #1 NO
snap disc #2 NC
snap disc #3 NC and all confirmed with meter

Last edited:
Does the red call for heat light come on when the thermostat is turned on?

Have you checked voltage at exh motor or tried hooking it directly to 110V yet?

Something may have been bumped during repair, like control module which can be reseated easily with power off..

Does the red call for heat light come on when the thermostat is turned on?

Have you checked voltage at exh motor or tried hooking it directly to 110V yet?

Something may have been bumped during repair, like control module which can be reseated easily with power off..

I was pretty rough with moving it about when replacing motor so anything is possible. There are no lights on regardless of whether the thermostat is calling for heat or not. It's basically a giant brick at this point.

Saw you are from MI, my son just graduated from Tech this Spring, great place!

If you can make a power cord jumper to plug directly into motor start with that. Its possible that motor fan is jammed so it would have power but can't spin to create vacuum.

Can also check voltage on motor connections with multi meter if easier for ya.

Without exh mtr working obviously nothing else will either.

Reactions: fnolteiii
If you can make a power cord jumper to plug directly into motor start with that. Its possible that motor fan is jammed so it would have power but can't spin to create vacuum.

Can also check voltage on motor connections with multi meter if easier for ya.

Without exh mtr working obviously nothing else will either.

Tested combustion blower & it works fine as did the exhaust motor. Since I unplugged just about every wire when replacing the exhaust blower, I decided to pull all the wires and recheck all of the connections since I have pictures for reference. Once completed, plugged stove in and it went through its startup sequence. Guessing I had a bad connection on one of the wires. Thanks for the suggestions! Mark this case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.