quadrafire mt vernon non ae problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
I've had a few problems as of late with my stove. A few weeks ago I replaced my exhaust blower. Not a big deal. Did a full clean at the same time. Last fri power went out about four to five times as clp was doing a new pole install down the road. Wife called to inform me that stove stopped working. Auger was not dropping pellets. I got home from work and took out the auger. Next day I had it tested at stove shop. It works. Returned home with a few things to try. Vent tube, snap disc resets...did them all. Last option was to clean chimney. Did that. No blockage. Called back stove shop. They had me suck vent tube while stove was running. Auger motor kicked on...connected it and away I went. Noticed that the auger wass dropping pellets like mad. It filled the burnpot and just my luck the pellets caught and took off. Holy fire. I disconnected the auger motor and let the pellets burn out. Repair man to visit wed afternoon. Any ideas as to what my problem is.

Stove Tech came to house yesterday. He brought a new control box to try out and had it installed in 2 minutes. Started stove back up. No problems. We took apart the old control box and could see 2 dark(burn spots?) on the board.
$250 for box and $95 for the house visit. There is a ton of pellets. Oh well. Electric heat is off again. Can't wait to get next months electric bill.

Baston8005 said:
Stove Tech came to house yesterday. He brought a new control box to try out and had it installed in 2 minutes. Started stove back up. No problems. We took apart the old control box and could see 2 dark(burn spots?) on the board.
$250 for box and $95 for the house visit. There is a ton of pellets. Oh well. Electric heat is off again. Can't wait to get next months electric bill.

Again do you have a surge protector on the stove?

Think a 39.99 surge protector would have helped....

I had a cheap 5 way that I thought would do the job. I'm assuming it did not work as it should. Time to buy another that will probably chit the bed the way of the 1st one.

Status
Not open for further replies.