QuadraFire Mt. Vernon Recall...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ4174

Jul 26, 2008
South Eastern PA
So my neighbor who also has a Mt. Vernon, he had his first. I think he got it back in August or around there. Anyway, he was having an issue where his auger would overflow his burn pot, and/or he'd get a message on his thermostat that his auger was jammed yet it wasn't. Both these senerios caused the stove to shut down. Anyway, the service guy came out from the stove shop we bought our stoves at, he thought it was the main board and called QuadraFire, nope... The auger sensor was recalled on this stove/model. I'm going to call the stove place later today to see what's what. I'm not sure if it is just a certain run date of the assembly or something or how to go about it. I know my stove is newer than his, buy a few weeks/months so I might not have a faulty unit, but... Just wanted to let everyone know in cause the same troubles were being had...

LJ

I hope its for the whole auger motor. I got one of the first ones made and from new and three auger motors later there is still a tick noise on low. Lots of people have this including the new stoves they were selling last month. friends did it last month on the first hour it was running. Wade at Quad say they are trying to find a motor that will run that slow quietly as a direct replacement and will replace them all when avalible.

I do not have anything to compare with since this is my first pellet stove, but my Mt Vernon freestanding unit is pretty quiet. It was "picked up" by my local vendor in the first week of December 2008 as part of a shipment - that I assume means that it is that new, and not old stock. They did a nice, clean, professional installation, as they had already installed many Castiles (with an excellent track record), and were taking their time installing this Mt Vernon as this was the first time they had installed this model. The only noise that I hear besides the air movement is a random sound of pellets rolling into the burn pot. I will keep observing it, thanks for your warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.