Quadrafire - MT Vernon - Stove Cleaning Alert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbosch

Jan 8, 2011
PA
I have had my stove for a week now and received the following message on my wall control. I left it on the display for approx. 3 minutes before pressing a button to continue.

The message said Stove Cleaning Alert. Clean firepot, baffle, (and something else, dont recall) See owners manual.

I didn't leave the message up too long before pressing the button to continue. I just vacuumed the stove out today (did not remove the baffle, stove has only been installed for 7 days)

I looked through the manual and did not see anything the references this message. My question is, will this go away on its own or does it require me to press continue?

Let me know.

I haven't ever seen or heard reference to a message like that.
Thats a good one for the dealer or Quad tech to answer. 1 800 234 2508

Yeah that's a new one to me. I'm curious what's happening. I've only ever seen a "min firepot temp" message when I needed a new thermocouple (and a couple of times when the Mrs. forgot to load the stove!).

Tbosch said:
I have had my stove for a week now and received the following message on my wall control. I left it on the display for approx. 3 minutes before pressing a button to continue.

The message said Stove Cleaning Alert. Clean firepot, baffle, (and something else, dont recall) See owners manual.

I didn't leave the message up too long before pressing the button to continue. I just vacuumed the stove out today (did not remove the baffle, stove has only been installed for 7 days)

I looked through the manual and did not see anything the references this message. My question is, will this go away on its own or does it require me to press continue?

Let me know.

I read this post this morning and thought "I've not seen that fault before". Anyway I did a routine clean and removed the baffle plate giving all a good clean, rebuilt and stove has been running all day. Well the stove just shutdown with the same message? Pressed continue then the stove did a auto clean and restarted OK.

A routine auto clean happened about one hour before this. Stove was fitted 3 weeks ago and has no issues, very pleased with performance and heat output.
Running Stove Chow/Somersets on hardwood setting about 15 hours per day, mostly on Auto.

Stoves manufacture date is 12/1/2010. Could this be new software with a timer in the program to make sure the cleaning is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.