Quadrafire Mt. Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptarka

Oct 29, 2014
Southwest Missouri
First of all thank you in advance, discussion groups are the Internet do-it-your selfers best friend!!

My stove is approx. 3-years old and short of a few missed ignition errors has been fairly good. I burn oak pellets. I recently pulled the insert out, vacuumed out the blower, fire pot, and heater plate. I put in a new blower gasket and inserted the stove back into its place. I turned on the stove and it augered pellets into the pot. The ignition coil heated up and ran fine. I ran it for approx. 20-minutes and shut it off. A few days went by and I turned it on and the pellets dropped in however the coil does not heat up. I pulled off the sides of the unit and unplugged it and plugged it back in and again the same result. I did notice a red blinking light on the unit behind the power supply. I do have the unit plugged into a surge protector.

Any help again is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!!

Sounds like the ignitor blew. If you unplug it and use a multi meter to check ohms across the 2 wires you can tell if it is blown. That being said, if it is 3 years old and the way Mt. Vernons always shut down and restart, it is probably shot. I have replaced 3 already.

Thanks TSmith. Have you found a good source online to order these from? Are they fairly easy to replace or is this something I need to contact a service person?

Status
Not open for further replies.