Quadrafire pellet stove dealer pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfmaze

Sep 18, 2014
Eastern PA, USA
I haven't seen too much to take me off the trail of the classic bay 1200 from Qfire.

I'm planning a self install but I may buy a premade hearth pad ~$350

I know that lowes has a pellet stove vent kit for $220 that i will use if the dealer sticks with his estimate, three feet up and out two over $600 in pipe materials.

He is offering to sell me three tons of O'Malley pellets at $229 a ton( his prebuy price) and offering 15 month 0% financing.

The financing deal is pretty sweet. But is there any wiggle room I can push of the price? All the dealers keep quoting MSRP. is the price, the price?

The dealer near me in CT was priced about $200 under MSRP plus quadra has a $200 off coupon till the end of September from their website.

I didn't haggle at all on mine as the price seemed pretty good. Most people told me they wet able to get them to drop the price a bit. Probably depends on the demand. If the demand is there there might not be much wiggle room on the price. Id keep trying and take a look at thw coupon.

I am also thinking of the same stove. My dealer has it listed for $2699. I only saw a coupon on quadrafire's website for $100. I'll use it though, every little bit helps.
We may make our own hearth pad if we have time. I did see one at menards for $199.

I am also thinking of the same stove. My dealer has it listed for $2699. I only saw a coupon on quadrafire's website for $100. I'll use it though, every little bit helps.
We may make our own hearth pad if we have time. I did see one at menards for $199.

Lowes has hearth pads that are thermal insulating for 39 bux each.... I might need two but still much cheaper than even a homemade pad and its movable if i change houses

I got my Classicbay last year from a place that doubled the manufacturer coupon, so no big break. But for the Hearthpad, check Tractor Supply or Family Farm and Home, they had the nicest ones I could find for great prices.

Remember you have to look at the hearth pad every day if you buy an ugly one you may be kicking yourself later on.

Harman and quad, both owned by HHT, strongly recommend to dealers to not go too far off MSRP, one reason is that the price of the stove covers warranty expenses in case of a warranty claim on a stove. This means that the dealers who start low balling stove and going off MSRP a lot tend to, but not always, be the dealers who are not there to help you out if something legitimately happens (legitimately = read as warranty doesn't cover stove issues stemming from lack of cleaning or improper install) and on the coupons I know this has been said before although it may have changed but normally the dealer shares the cost of the coupons 50/50 with HHT

Status
Not open for further replies.