quadrafire quit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

win4me

Sep 20, 2009
northern ny
hello please help. i bought a used pellet stove got it going but after an hour it quit. now no lights on at all have power to unit but no fan or anything any help out there.

did you pop the circuit breaker? Do other things work in the outlet? Did you check the fuse in the stove?

what kind of stove is it?

Also check snap discs and see if they need to be reset.

i bypassed the #3 snap disc and nothing happened i have no lights on no fan nothing but i do have power to the auger cause when i unhooked the 3snap disc it arc out. im being told its the control box but i dont know what made it quit

win4me,

You need to be careful when messing with these stoves, The snapdisc on the auger is the high temp shutdown protection. That disc is 120V ac power. You could have gotten avery bad shock from that.

When they tell you to by pass a snapdisc, You should unplug the stove 1ST and Insolate the wires so as to NOT make contact with the stove or you.

If the box wasn't fried it's probably is now!

What model Quad do you have???

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.