Quadrafire SantaFe exhaust system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tortuga

Oct 30, 2023
Oregon
Greetings group lots of good info here long time lurker first time poster.
I thought I would post my mis adventures in rebuilding a 2003 Quadrafire SantaFe exhaust system.
There are several issues with the design of the Quadrafire SantaFe that I had to address:
  • The gap between the "exhaust transition assembly" #31 on the diagram (green arrow) and the "exhaust blower" is too big to fill with sealant and needs to be welded.
  • The "exhaust transition assembly " does not extend far enough out the rear of the stove to make a proper transition to vent pipe (blue arrow). At first I thought mine just had been cut short but then comparing to the one on the diagram I concluded it needs to be extended.
  • The diagram does not show the housing & stove gasket and the motor and housing gasket locations.
  • The motor is attached to the housing with plain coarse thread sheet-metal screws , there is no way to re-do this and get a tight seal.
What I had to do is
  • Weld the "exhaust transition assembly" to the "exhaust blower".
  • Weld a 3" pipe extension on the "exhaust transition assembly".
  • Install 10-32 rivet nuts for the exhaust motor on the exhaust blower housing, so silicone replacement gasket can be tightened properly.

Hope this helps someone else keeping one of these old stoves going.

santafe_diagram-1.png

Reactions: DennsM