QuadraFire SantaFe vs Enviro Mini ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindling1

May 21, 2009
cape cod, ma
Looking to heat a small 1100 sq. foot workshop/office. Need a stove that is thermostaticaly controlled and can maintain a low burn setting.

Narrowed to the SantaFe which I can get with the sale for $2000. or Enviro Mini for $2500.

Obviousely I want to save $ but I have read that the SF and Quadrafire have had parts issues and the Enviro seems more able to be regulated by the control panel.

Any thoughts.?

I second the santa fe and they are very easy to clean.

get yourself the enviro max (otherwise known as a vistaflame vf170).. the mini is just that.. mini. get yourself a stove with a 130 lb hopper, and be able to be away from the office/ workshop and leave it set for days. the stove has a minimum burn rate of 2 lbs/hr on manual.. keeps a nice burn on low, and your board (like the mini)can be set to tjermostat with on/off or auto hi lo. we use on for our workshop / storage area.. the large ash pan has an easy access to the rest of the firebox so the ashes all generally get into it without hang up, so cleanup is minimal.

[quote author="Kindling1" date="1242949624"]Looking to heat a small 1100 sq. foot workshop/office. Need a stove that is thermostaticaly controlled and can maintain a low burn setting.

Narrowed to the SantaFe which I can get with the sale for $2000. or Enviro Mini for $2500.

Obviousely I want to save $ but I have read that the SF and Quadrafire have had parts issues and the Enviro seems more able to be regulated by the control panel.

Any thoughts.?[/quote

check around, because local dealers here the Santa Fe is $1599 with the promo going on.

double check....

Something is funny. I call 3 Quad dealers within my driving range. Tell them it's cash and carry so whats your best price ? No One mentions the sale, they all quote $2,299 for base unit. I bring up the sale and I get the let me check, oh yeah it's still on. Told 2 of them if you give it for $1599. I'll credit card 1/2 right now and the balance on pickup. No deal!

Enviro dealers were forward and negotionable. This is whats making me leary of Quadrafire. I'm very familiar with pellet stoves so a dealer install is not needed.

Kindling1 said:
Something is funny. I call 3 Quad dealers within my driving range. Tell them it's cash and carry so whats your best price ? No One mentions the sale, they all quote $2,299 for base unit. I bring up the sale and I get the let me check, oh yeah it's still on. Told 2 of them if you give it for $1599. I'll credit card 1/2 right now and the balance on pickup. No deal!

Enviro dealers were forward and negotionable. This is whats making me leary of Quadrafire. I'm very familiar with pellet stoves so a dealer install is not needed.

Quad is owned by hearth and home tech, which also now owns harman... they have extended that sale (for us it was 600 off on our harman pellet stoves/furnaces) untill the end of may. I suspect he did not give you additional discount for the following reasons; HHT is only covering 1/2 of the total sale; so for 600 bucks, they cover 300 and the dealer eats 300 of it... also you were looking to pay via credit card which the dealer loses at least 2% on that transaction.

Strange. Seems to me they extend the sale because people either are not buying this year or they want to move inventory.

So dealers refuse an order now to Hope for a future order that may or may not happen. In retail, all that should matter is ring in the sale now!

I don't get it. Makes me feel like I'm getting taken. Maybe I just won't buy and see what happens in the fall. Just like pellets - priced too high.

So a dealer loses a sure sale in May!

Kindling1 said:
Strange. Seems to me they extend the sale because people either are not buying this year or they want to move inventory.

So dealers refuse an order now to Hope for a future order that may or may not happen. In retail, all that should matter is ring in the sale now!

I don't get it. Makes me feel like I'm getting taken. Maybe I just won't buy and see what happens in the fall. Just like pellets - priced too high.

So a dealer loses a sure sale in May!

yea, but not much to show for the dealer at 1599... if the retail is 2299, and he is getting a 40% Markup (which is pretty standard) he paid 1379 for the stove, and HHT is horrible about prepaid frieght (they dont offer any) so he paid in another 60-100 (lets call it 85) for shipping to get it there, plus at leats 2% goes to the credit card company if you swipe the card while you are there, but about 3% to run it thru over the phone ($48) so he is into the stove for $1512, and he had to provide labor and service time for the first couple years of the warrany, so one call on a bad ignitor or motor and he is in the hole 100 bucks (they only offer a small fixed 45 rate on service, and their cost to the dealer on wtty parts which actually hurts the dealer cause he has to pay shipping costs for new part and returned old part)... So i see what you are saying, but he's not gonna sell a stove and lose money on it.

I have the feeling that once the promo is over next week the standard prices will increase a bit due to manufacturing costs, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.