Quadrafire Sante Fe making a weird noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
My stove is making this noise that sounds like ....someone using a hand/palm sander in the other room. But the noise is coming from inside the stove itself.It becomes quite loud for a minute then leaves,then comes back not as loud then leaves then comes back loud then leaves. Any ideas? Thank You people. I love this site and I love my Quadrafire Sante Fe

i had a similar noise with my santa fe. the solution for me was the following. open the sides, around the bottom is a smaller panel. this will come out, try to re-seat it. if the kids kick or hit is on accident I have to re-seat this again.

I have a Quadrafire, wood burning stove and everything always vibrates: the side panels, the two air rods, the top panel and even sometimes the thermostat vibrates. Does anyone have any suggesstions how I can stop these? I have been putting piece of silverware in various places only to have it last for a while. Thanks for any suggestions, Kenrun

kenrun said:
I have a Quadrafire, wood burning stove and everything always vibrates: the side panels, the two air rods, the top panel and even sometimes the thermostat vibrates. Does anyone have any suggesstions how I can stop these? I have been putting piece of silverware in various places only to have it last for a while. Thanks for any suggestions, Kenrun

Kenrun, you've posted the exact same thing in 2 separate threads started by other forum members. If you need an answer that quickly, you should start your own thread....not many people are going to see yours buried at the end of another thread.

In the meantime, why are you using your home silverware to fix the stove? What happens when you need that spoon, fork, or knife to eat with??

Thanks now I am more confused than ever. My first "thread" I posted the same thing in 2 separate area that were both talking about noise. So, are you suggesting, rather than add to these postings I start a new one? I guess a new posting is a new thread"?...I do so depend upon the kindness of strangers

PS, Pyro, you are right about the silverware, using butter knives to stop the sound ... thought I would take a stab at it.....sometimes its so hot I have to eat with my fingers!!!! Thanks, Kenrun

To the OP, www_godzilla, do you notice the noise right away or only after the convection fan (room blower) comes on?

Also, have you always had this noise, or was it working noise free at come point in time?

jtp10181 said:
To the OP, www_godzilla, do you notice the noise right away or only after the convection fan (room blower) comes on?

Also, have you always had this noise, or was it working noise free at come point in time?

I bot the house with the quadra fire already installed, when fan comes on, the panels rattle so loudly, if I put some pressure on the panels it stops. How do I get the panels to stop rattling? I have tightened the bolts as much as can be. Should I try putting in some type if insulation between the panels and the wall?

kenrun said:
jtp10181 said:

I bot the house with the quadra fire already installed, when fan comes on, the panels rattle so loudly, if I put some pressure on the panels it stops. How do I get the panels to stop rattling? I have tightened the bolts as much as can be. Should I try putting in some type if insulation between the panels and the wall?

kenrun, I'm gonna take a guess that you haven't spent much time on any kind of forum. "OP" in jtp10181's post is referring to the "Original Poster"....www_Godzilla.

As I said before, you should start your own thread.

Correct, my first time on any forum, I started a new thread but had to respond to the person who wrote back on this forum. Sorry, trying to be polite, I can't even find where I started my new thread. Would you like to stop? I apologize, if I am being a pain, I understand and will not write back to anyone,
kenrun

kenrun said:
Correct, my first time on any forum, I started a new thread but had to respond to the person who wrote back on this forum. Sorry, trying to be polite, I can't even find where I started my new thread.....

No, it's not an issue, and no, your not being a pain.....we're all here to help. I just didn't realize it was your first forum experience. We all had "growing pains" in the beginning.

As for your "new thread", I didn't see anything with your name on it. Maybe try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.