Quadrafire snap disc #2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesley

Mar 1, 2013
Groton, MA
No idea how to remove this. Have tried pulling and turning but it will not come out. Anyone know how to remove it so I can replace?

Which Quad do you have and what makes you think something is wrong with the snap disc?

There usually are two tabs with screw holes in them that go against the location the snap disc is located, you need to remove the screws and the snap disc will come out of its location. No twisting required.

I think they got things narrowed down to a bum snap disc in another thread mralias.

No idea how to remove this. Have tried pulling and turning but it will not come out. Anyone know how to remove it so I can replace?

Hello

I have 3 quads right now and sold a CB1200 Fs last year. They all have the mini snap discs. There are just 2 screws and they pull out. Sometimes they are stuck a little. What model do you have and what is your issue? It may not be a snap disc.

There usually are two tabs with screw holes in them that go against the location the snap disc is located, you need to remove the screws and the snap disc will come out of its location. No twisting required.

I think they got things narrowed down to a bum snap disc in another thread mralias.
Ahhhh the other thread. Thanks Smokey.

Status
Not open for further replies.