Quadrafire stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quadrafire makes good performing stoves in WA state and they have been around for a long time. You will be in a milder climate that may make the installation a bit draft sensitive. How tall will the flue system be on the stove?

Forgive me if I'm thinking of another brand, but aren't Quadrafires one of the most draft-sensitive designs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say average. The models I have seen work pretty well in our mild climate as long as the flue is sufficient. But that is why I asked how tall the flue is.

probably 12-13 ft

Sorry for all my ignorance I'm new at all this. Trying to buy once and be done, learning as I go.

I don't want to pay all the money and not be happy.. Can they be used without a blower motor

This will be used throughout my winter to offset paying Alabama power and as sole source hear when power goes out.

Last edited:
Forgive me if I'm thinking of another brand, but aren't Quadrafires one of the most draft-sensitive designs?
No they are basic tube stoves not overly draft sensitive at all. You may be thinking of harman or any of the down draft stoves.

12-13 is the bottom of the scale for most stove MFG's recommendations.
Quad had been around a long time. I have had virtually trouble free operation from my Isle Royale to date.

Edit: there was an issue with a couple of the steel stoves from quad that got some hairline cracks in a corner weld, but to my knowledge that has been corrected (or they fired that welder :p)

Edit: there was an issue with a couple of the steel stoves from quad that got some hairline cracks in a corner weld, but to my knowledge that has been corrected (or they fired that welder :p)
They also have repair kits that work well and are covered by warantee for a period of time. But yeah we have put many kits in it was a problem for a while. But haven't seen it yet on the newer ones with the different manifold design. We are starting to see it on regencies now btw. Regency replaces the stove. We have been trying to get them to do a repair panel as well.

No they are basic tube stoves not overly draft sensitive at all. You may be thinking of harman or any of the down draft stoves.

Thank you for the correction. Yes, I was thinking of Harmon "neverburn" tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bholler
I suspected this might be a short chimney. Both the Enviro and PE lines of stoves have easier breathing secondary passages that will work with a shorter chimney where others may not work as well unless the chimney height is raised. Between the two the PE stoves have a little edge with a short direct secondary supply tube at the back of the firebox going directly into the secondary/baffle box.

Status
Not open for further replies.