QuadraFire Voyageur Grand Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ranciso

Jan 3, 2012
Northern MI
Just pulled the trigger on a QuadraFire Voyageur Grand insert. I don't see much about this stove on the forums. Anyone have experiences with the stove?
Thanks

Fairly new model. Very popular in the store, direct competitor to Jotul Rockland CB550. If its like other Quads, should be a great burning insert. Congrats.

We've burned the Grand Voyageur and the regular Voyageur in the shop. Both burn pretty nice. The Grand prefers a longer liner run but the regular Voyageur doesn't seem to care how long it is. Once you get used to the ACC system that insert is very easy to work with and throws out a lot of heat. If you use it for a main/dominant heat source make sure you shovel it out every other day. Quads (and a lot of other stoves) get angry when they are full of mostly ash/debris from 2 days worth of burns and will burn like they are choked down until cleaned. The blower is a bit loud on high but it has a nice low even hum on low which is all you should need. Be careful with the baffle, it's fragile. Watch where your logs end up while you stuff it to the hilt. It's easier to hit the baffle than you'd think. Id suggest pre-purchasing an extra baffle assembly and some ceramic wool (sits on top of the baffle) so it doesn't become an emergency in a few years when your dealer is busy as could be, not sure how I know this :oops: (I'm not a dealer just a service tech, so I get to deal with all this lol) Quad makes a very efficient stove.

You made a good choice. What finish did you go with?

We went with the matte black.

I have a black one ready to install in the next few days. I love the red enamel finish choice but it wasn't right for the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.