Quadre Fire Mount Vernon Ash Level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

69Stingray

Jul 29, 2008
Southern, NH
Hello everyone- I hope your Christmas and New Year's was pleasant.

Attached is a picture of the ash my Mt. Vernon AE produced after 4 full days of running. About half the time was manually set to M -> MH and about half the time set on auto, in which it ran L->ML with an occasionally M.

Does this amount of ash look correct? The large pieces, are those clickers?

I have it set on "hardwood pellets". I think I recall people suggesting setting it on "softwood pellets". I am burning Energex Premium Grade pellets. Going through 2 bags a day (one during the day and one at night).

Attachments

• ash.JPG
    ash.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 384
Dunno if this helps, but I get about half that ash after 7-8 days of burning. My stove is on from 6AM - 9PM and occasionally overnight to keep a lower temperature. I keep the stove on Manual MH and go through approximately 2 bags a day.

Yes, the large pieces are clinkers. The ash looks about right. It all depends on what pellets you are using but that does not look excessive. I would not change to the softwood setting if you are not using softwood pellets. Although it will allow you to burn longer between auto-cleans I have found that it will cause an excessive build up of ash in the burn pot.

Ash comes from pellets not your stove, try other brands Hammer hot ones----LG granuals

Status
Not open for further replies.