Quadrsfire 1100 runs for 15 minutes and stops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caspersmiths

Nov 13, 2010
Casper, Wyoming
I have a quadrafire 1100 made that operates normally and ignites the pellets and gets them burning and started making coals
and then after about 15 minutes of operation it shuts down.

I then have to hit the reset button and it starts working again.

Can anyone tell me what to check for this problem?

Hey there caspersmiths (great handle!) welcome to the forum...you will get lots of help here!!

Can you tell us a bit more about your stove...is it new, just installed...did the problem just start or has it happened before?
Kinda sounds to me like the Thermocouple isnt seeing the fire...that is the little white ceramic finger that sticks into the burn pot. It is like a switch that closes when the temperature is high enough to maintain the fire.

Anyways you will likely get lots of questions about your stove from others here who will try to help.

It appears it isn't getting that thermocouple up to temperature before the timer stops bypassing the proof of fire system.

Check the positioning of it and to make certain it is clean.

I found this online:

6. STOVE RUNS FOR 10 MINUTES, THEN STOPS
FEEDING FUEL
A. Inspect the thermocouple and the cover.
1. The cover needs to make contact with the end of the
thermocouple.
2. The thermocouple and the cover should extend
approximately 1” (25mm) into the firepot.
3. Push the reset button. The thermocouple test lights
located on the control box will automatically turn on;
when the thermocouple reaches 200°F (93°C) the
GREEN LIGHT comes on, and at 1000°F (538°C)
the RED LIGHT comes on. If they fail to turn on
after the fire starts, the thermocouple may need
replacement.
4. Check the control box (consult dealer).

Status
Not open for further replies.