Quads moves to Ct

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/zip/1573368649.html

Splits by hand. Gives it away. Made me think of Quads.

Copied it here

"Split Firewood (Fairfield, CT)
Date: 2010-01-27, 2:20PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Free split hardwood. Trees were felled in this month, so not yet seasoned. Birch, walnut, poplar. (No pine) You collect. (1/2 cord per person). If going to a good cause, I may be able to assist with delivery.

Update: I have had a lot of inquiries about the wood. If you have already inquired, I will contact you if/when your turn comes.

Since I am splitting by hand, it may take me a little while to re-build up a stock of split wood. If you have a hydraulic splitter, and would work with me on splitting, I will share what we split 50:50"

Ha! Yep, sounds kind of like me. Except I don't advertise the free, it usually finds me!

A lot of takers in January. That must have been a surprise.

He should save some and see how long it takes to get rid of in June. :)

Sadly, probably most will take it home and try to burn it right away. But it is very generous of this man to do what he is doing. Just trying to help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.