Quaker stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bucher86

Oct 1, 2020
PA
Just recently bought a house with a Quaker wood stove and insert. Guy had original paper work. But I don’t know much about the stoves other then they were manufactured in a town close to me in the 70’s and 80’s. Anyone know much about these stoves and are they a decent burning stove?

Just recently bought a house with a Quaker wood stove and insert. Guy had original paper work. But I don’t know much about the stoves other then they were manufactured in a town close to me in the 70’s and 80’s. Anyone know much about these stoves and are they a decent burning stove?

Do you have any pics?

Here it is

Attachments

• DB2685D2-090B-43F1-96F4-CC193CB1B259.jpeg
    DB2685D2-090B-43F1-96F4-CC193CB1B259.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 8A2C164A-1863-445D-BA79-7442406791F7.jpeg
    8A2C164A-1863-445D-BA79-7442406791F7.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 108
  • B4FC7144-EB34-4913-B716-015B1E17C611.jpeg
    B4FC7144-EB34-4913-B716-015B1E17C611.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: D8Chumley
Your pics show a clean installation, and a non-abused setup.

What are your goals for wood heating? An occasional fire for ambiance? Keep things from freezing up in a power outage / emergency? Heat the whole house? Supplement the heat in the home to reduce fuel costs? etc.

Was the system inspected as part of the purchase of the home?

Welcome to the site!

pen

Thanks. Finding a ton of info on here. Pretty much just going to burn when I can. I’m not relying on it as my main heat source. But when I’m home I will probably be having a fire going. The owners just installed a new liner before moving. I believe paper work said it was installed summer of last year. I’m going to have someone come out and just inspect the liner and setup before burning. I probably won’t burn much this winter because I don’t have any seasoned wood readily available. I have about 8-10 ash trees that need to come down on the property. So this fall/winter I will work on getting them down and split so hopefully next year I at least have some seasoned wood to burn.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Thanks. Finding a ton of info on here. Pretty much just going to burn when I can. I’m not relying on it as my main heat source. But when I’m home I will probably be having a fire going. The owners just installed a new liner before moving. I believe paper work said it was installed summer of last year. I’m going to have someone come out and just inspect the liner and setup before burning. I probably won’t burn much this winter because I don’t have any seasoned wood readily available. I have about 8-10 ash trees that need to come down on the property. So this fall/winter I will work on getting them down and split so hopefully next year I at least have some seasoned wood to burn.

You are ahead of the curve! Good plan.

pen

Welcome to Hearth, Owen ;) Lots of good people here