Quaking Aspen Off The Hill!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Took the advice of some of the members and hauled the aspen from up top then stacked, we still have over a cord that needs to come down.

Attached are some pictures from the first load plus coming out with the truck and the stacking. (edit) Just did some numbers and with the wood hauled out Nov 21, 2010 we have just over 17 cord with another cord (estimate) up in the woods bucked and split.

zap

Attachments

• Quaking Aspen Off The Hill!
    100_1971.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 263
    100_1972.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 254
    100_1973.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 266
    100_1978.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 236
    100_1983.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 252
    100_1985.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 244
    100_1986.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 276
Aspen... thats one that doesnt surface often on these forums. Hey, dont think I have ever said it but that is a nice trailer you got there. Wish I could afford one of those... with the price of the larger plastic ones I am debating on building a trailer from scratch. My 12.5 poly dump cart just aint quite big enough and my 6x10 is to big for the woods. That Bush Borrow one is the perfect size just way outta my price range.

pile o’ wood said:
Aspen... thats one that doesnt surface often on these forums. Hey, dont think I have ever said it but that is a nice trailer you got there. Wish I could afford one of those... with the price of the larger plastic ones I am debating on building a trailer from scratch. My 12.5 poly dump cart just aint quite big enough and my 6x10 is to big for the woods. That Bush Borrow one is the perfect size just way outta my price range.

Some call it popple up here, on the trailer I decided not to buy it because of the price then the guy who sold them wanted to clear inventory so he knocked some off, saved my butt last winter with those big tires it rides on top of the snow.

zap

Nice pics, 14.75 " ? good blocks of wood.

WB

WOODBUTCHER said:
Nice pics, 14.75 " ? good blocks of wood.

WB

WB I saw Sav's ends and thought I would give it a try, 14.75.

zap

Good going Zap. I'm just trying to picture your woods in January. I'll bet that could be a real bear trying to skid stuff out of there then.

Nice! I have been cutting some of my supply shorter for N/S now.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good going Zap. I'm just trying to picture your woods in January. I'll bet that could be a real bear trying to skid stuff out of there then.

Sav last year I skid some cherry out but from down on the lower part of the property and not up top, worked out nice. I made sure the trail was packed down before skidding the cherry out.

zap

FireAnt said:
Nice! I have been cutting some of my supply shorter for N/S now.

FireAnt have you been burning N/S yet? I like it better and so does the wife.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.