Quaking Aspen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I split this on 9-4-2010 so we could use for the shoulder season in 2011-2012. I hope I can get this down by the middle of November, just up from this I have another good pile of Quaking Aspen.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1384.jpg
    100_1384.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 234
How do you like burning this stuff? I can get my hands on tons of it but I find it burns, VERY HOT, VERY FAST and leave no coals. we call it Aps in these parts. Good for getting the stove up to temps but does not last long.

SKIN052 said:
How do you like burning this stuff? I can get my hands on tons of it but I find it burns, VERY HOT, VERY FAST and leave no coals. we call it Aps in these parts. Good for getting the stove up to temps but does not last long.

Skin052 I never have burned any, it was in a area that I'm making a new trail for the rhino so I bucked and split it.

zap

zapny said:
SKIN052 said:

Skin052 I never have burned any, it was in a area that I'm making a new trail for the rhino so I bucked and split it.

zap

Well sir, let me know how you make out with it. Also dries quite fast. I cut up mine earlier this summer and it is bone dry for the most part.

SKIN052 said:
zapny said:
SKIN052 said:

zap

Well sir, let me know how you make out with it. Also dries quite fast. I cut up mine earlier this summer and it is bone dry for the most part.

That sounds good, so if I get it stacked and covered it might be ready for spring burning.

zap

Absolutely, I have a face cord sitting around that i split up last week. If all go to heck this winter and I go through all the rest, I will burn mine in Apr, May.

SKIN052 said:
Absolutely, I have a face cord sitting around that i split up last week. If all go to heck this winter and I go through all the rest, I will burn mine in Apr, May.

Did they ever get the trees off your lines?

zap

I burn aspen almost exclusively, 24/7. What works well are really big splits, not small ones. True, there are no real coals, but a couple of big splits in a hot stove burn for hours.

zapny said:
SKIN052 said:

Did they ever get the trees off your lines?

zap
Tree service took care of, not my land so I don't get the wood. Actually have some Aspen on the fire right now, warming the place up!!! Make sure that stuff is split. Left in the round it will absorb tons of water, like a sponge. But once split dies very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.