Q&A Quality of Dutchwest stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I saw your answer to Tom concerning the Dutchwest made in Taiwan. I bought one earlier this year and am in the process of installing the thing when I saw the question from Tom. Is the stove dangerous? Will it work properly? I spent $700.00 for pipe and things to install the thing and are wondering why you said what you said re: Dutchwest made in Taiwan.

Answer:

Only older Dutchwest stoves were made in Taiwan...probably before 1990 or so. You can tell since it would be cast onto the outside rear of your stove. Even if it is an older one- that does not mean it is unsafe..they were just a poorer quality than the newest ones.
Currently, Dutchwest is made by Vermont Castings:
http://www.vermontcastings.com

Link: Vermont Castings

Status
Not open for further replies.