Quardrafire mt Vernon e2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malikaimaker

Feb 14, 2015
New York
I bought my Quardrafire Mt. Vernon E2 pellet stove brand new almost 3 months ago and it was amazing the first month we ran it. It was perfect everything was fantastic it heated our entire house easily and better than expected. About a month later the pellets started getting jammed in the shoot about once a day which wasn't a huge deal I'd turn it off clean it out vacuumed all the ash out ect. After a few weeks of this it started jamming more frequently. So my husband took everything apart cleaned it all out youtubed a ton of troubleshooting suggestions took apart the augger vacuumed that out and nothing.... It still clogs so we tried different pellets we had bought two tons on one type and they worked wonderfully the first month of using the stove but we had opened and started using he second pallet of the same pellet maybe it was just that batch causing problems so we're on our 4th type of pellet from the ceased lowes special to the most expensive we could get our hands on in Feb in NY and still it is clogging..... For example today I'm on my 4th clog... That's not the worst part no only do the clogs cause the stove to shut down at inconvenient times before it ever shuts down it pretty much slows down... The clog causes the flame to die down but not nessessarily go out and cause a shut down for a while it will jam and the wall of pellets blocking the shoot will catch fire and eventually a small amount will fall into the pot... But not all of them... Then the flame will pick up and a few more will light in the shoot and another small amount will fall... This causes less than efficient heating and eventually it always shuts down and I'm back to manually clearing the jammed shoot... Any suggestions anyone please?!?!

Your not alone! Seems the manufacture is advising some setting changes while they sort some issues out. Contact your dealer or use the search feature to find possible setting changes.
Welcome

Describe in detail how you cleaned the stove. There is more involved than just the burn pot.

How many bags of pellets have you burned?

The settings for trimming the stove described on page 12 should be set at -4. To both decrease the fuel feed and to increase the burn air.

IMO that stove likely has been operated in a rich burn state for too long.

That will cause all kinds of issues including some of which you have already seen.

Your stove needs a total cleaning to include the vent system.

Eventually it will experience a delayed ignition involving wood gas. This has caused the stove glass to shatter.

Do not operate that stove without a thorough cleaning.

Reactions: Bioburner
Status
Not open for further replies.