Quesiton for Stove Dealers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I'm looking for a Condar flu gas probe. Yes, I know I can order it online but my wife has forbid me from installing this year's model. She'll consent to last year's version -- the one that says "Condar" (not the one that says "FluGuard").

If you have one you're willing to sell that's unscratched and undamaged, please send me a message. If you know of a large outfit I might call to find out if they have one floating around, let me know. I've called every shop between here (Bellingham) and Seattle without any luck. I've also got Condar looking into whether they can find one sitting around in a corner of their warehouse.

Reactions: jakeyboy
No offense, but what does your wife know about thermometers? Why would this be in her "department"?

The ugly colors on the "Flueguard".

My wife thinks it impacts the look of the stove. It's her house as much as mine. She doesn't like the look of the new Flueguard.

Then just skip it. You will not need it anyway. This stove is so controllable, I can't imagine ever needing it. I think it'll just confuse and worry you.

Reactions: Bigg_Redd
I will agree there are some not good looking thermometers out there. The Rutland models are just plain ugly. I like older model Condar probe thermometer as well. Our flue thermometer has a black dial so that it virtually disappears at a distance. See if you can find a Condar 3-19 off of eBay or from some place with old inventory or look for an SBI (Drolet) probe thermometer.

http://www.amazon.com/SBI-Builder-I...id=1404430252&sr=8-2&keywords=SBI+thermometer

That's what my wife wants. Something that disappears from a distance. Knowing her as I do, I don't think she'll find the SBI acceptable. She really likes the plain black stove pipe so maybe I'll take Webby's advice and leave it alone. But if I find an older Condar, will grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.