question about a Germer antique stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdub994

Apr 19, 2009
ohio
Does anyone know the name of this stove and/or its estimated value. It says Germer Stove Company, Erie, Pa on the bottom, Radiant Home on the door, stamped #214 (which I assume means the 214th make of that mold). The patton date is also part of the mold Pat=Nov. 16, 1897. Please also email me if interested.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,437
  • stove 2.jpg
    stove 2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,854
The 214 is the model number. I just purchased a "216 air-blast". If all pieces are present (grates and trim pieces especially) and in at least fair condition you should be able to get $250-300 for it. I am interested if you still have it. Shipping cost will have to be factored in of course.

It will need some attention for sure, but the stove looks pretty intact. Fully restored that is a stunning stove. This site has a picture of one about halfway down.

http://www.gingercreekstoves.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.