Question about a Hearthstone Bennington review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Nov 23, 2005
Connecticut
Hi, In review #1585 someone reported a way to check the draft operation of a Hearthstone Bennington per the manufacturer. This is part of the review:

"I noticed that when I cracked the door the fire would take off like an out of controll forest fire. I started to investigate why my damper controlls were not letting air in to feed the fire. I ended up talking to hearthstone direct and found out how to access the damper controlls on bolth sides of the stove. After doing a carefull examination of the 2" square damper controlls I noticed that the cast iron shell had almost completley closed off air access to damper openings. I took my grinder with a cutting wheel on it and cut a 1" square out of the overcast, put the stove back together and was blowen away on how the performance increased."

I called Hearthstone when this was initially posted and they told me not to worry about mine because this person had no draft whatsoever. They wouldn't tell me how to check the damper controls. I've been wondering ever since. Does anyone know what he did?

Thanks,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.