Question about a Honda 1132 snow blower...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainStoveGuy

Minister of Fire
Jan 23, 2006
Boulder County
OK, so part of my problem this morning, was the drive clutch. I pressed down the left handle to engage the transmission, and the the handle didnt pop back up. So the transmission is permentaly engaged, i can reverse, neutral, and forward. I just cant dissengage. When i pressed down the leaver on the handle bar, it felt tight, like a tight cable, But i have no clue.

Is it a cable linkage or rods? Mine is a seris of rods and sometimes they stick at the joints, a little WD40 usually solves the problem. If it is a cable check where the inner cable leaves the housing and make sure it is not kinked. Also check the return spring to be sure it is connected. You could also try disconeccting the linkage and see if neutrals then you knw its in the linkage.

I got a exploded view. I think its a spring. I will look tonite when i get home. I still have to clean my driveway after i fix it.

Rust inside the cable housing from sittiing unused over the summer? KD

Possible, but i live in place where you face will peel off from the dryness. The humidity barley gets out of the single digits. When i work on it tonite, i will spray down the cable housing. Thanks kd.

soak that cable with WD40 work it twisting it to work the wd in. My bet rusted cable.

I think you guys are right. As usual. I havent had a chance to look at it tonite, but i did fire it up when i got home. Somehow between this morning and tonite, it fixed it self. Works smooth as glass now.

Maybe it thawed out ;-)

Elf's

MountainStoveGuy said:
velvetfoot said:
Note to self: Purchase some spare shear pins.
expecially the strang looking ones back there by the basket!
MSG >I would buy a spare small snow thrower. You can get a good deal in town at the Hardware Store.

I swear I didn't read the other thread before I wrote that.
Just thinking about what happened to me last year.
I'm not used to a gravel driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.