Question about buying "Seasoned" Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The funniest part was how the first call of the day started with my buddy asking me for "just 70 pieces or so of your firewood for my girlfriend, she's out of wood". After an intentional uncomfortable silence, I went off on him with some rant about how he'd have better luck asking to borrow my wife than my firewood, hahahahahahahahha.

So? Did he ask??

he called back about 30 seconds after we hung up and asked.

The answer was no.

lol

SO far with my wood stove I have only burnt the small bundles of the kild dried stuff that you get from the hardware store. I now have the chance to finally get a load of firewood. The guy that I am getting it from has told me that the logs have been on the ground for 18 months and that he just split them 2 weeks ago. IS this good enough or does the wood need to dry more? Or should I just try to find some else where/

It'll be fine. Next year. Get 3-4 cord.

Reactions: JustWood
Status
Not open for further replies.