Question about chimney install.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
In the process of installing my NC30 and was ready to button up the inside piping and was gonna caulk and seal inside the thru the wall thimble.That is when I read the label on the high heat silicone caulk and it says it is for pellet stove and gas appliance vent pipe,,,, temp. range 75-500 degrees. will this work for my application? How hot does in get in the wall cavity on a thru the wall and it is 6in walls.I will also be posting pics of variuos stages of install soon. Thanks to everyone on this site for all the info I have got from this site.

I didn't caulk the thimble setup that I put in. It's behind a chimney so there wan't much chance of weather getting to it.

Matt

I would use silicone on the exterior flashing, but not on the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.